Lease Renewal

February 2, 2018

Dear Residents,

It’s that time of year again where we encourage you to renew your lease with us! We love having you as residents at Baity Hill and hope you continue to live with us while you are pursuing your studies at UNC. We want to make this process as simple and efficient for you as we can, so please read the following detailed instructions carefully and complete the process by MARCH 31st, 2018. If you have not renewed your lease by this date, we will assume you are leaving and we will assign your apartment to a new incoming resident. 

Option 1 - RENEWING YOUR LEASE:

NOTE 1* this is exactly the application you filled out to live here to begin with. Do not be confused that this is indeed a NEW application – BUT, on the application it will ask you the question: “Are you a returning Baity Hill resident?” Select yes, so that way it keeps you at the apartment you currently live in, and will not proceed to charge you the $200.00 non-refundable application fee.

NOTE 2* - we are often getting the question “Do I renew my Lease if my program ends in July, December or etc, but I don’t want to live here till next May?” The answer is YES. All leases run on an academic calendar until May 31st of the following year. If you are graduating and leaving the University, you will not owe us a lease penalty break fee. You will fill out the Notice to Vacate form and let us know 60 days in advance your expected date of departure and so that you can return your keys. You will be responsible for the entire month’s rent of the last month you are here. (example: if you graduate in July and move out July 17th you are responsible for the entire month of July’s rent)

NOTE 3* - if you have applied for graduation from UNC and graduating in May 2017, you may only extend your lease by 1 month meaning you must leave the apartment by June 30th. I have a list of May graduates please be on a lookout for a 2nd email from me if you would like to request extension for 1 extra month past May. Special circumstances we will talk about.

NOTE 4* - if you are a PostDoc you are able to renew, but we will no longer be accepting new PostDocs into Baity Hill housing.

Option 2 – NOT RENEWING LEASE:

• If you are graduating from UNC making you no longer eligible to live here, OR you want to leave Baity Hill and live somewhere off campus – you will not fill out the application as I described above and we will assume that you are leaving. However, you are still required to fill out the Notice to Vacate Form and let us know your expected date of departure and make sure you turn in your keys.

If you have any questions, please email me directly ([email protected]) so I can help you, but hopefully this outlines what you need to do and makes the process simple! I will be sending out reminder emails about the deadline of MARCH 31ST, 2018 so the sooner you complete this the better.

Sincerely,

Alena Beasley
Assistant Property Manager

Sharing and printing options:
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram