Important Updates February 2019

February 8, 2019

Dear Residents,

It's that time again where we encourage you to renew your lease with us! We love having you as a resident and hope you continue to live with us while pursuing your studies at UNC. We want to make this process as simple as possible for you. If your program is continuing, please submit the application for a lease renewal by March 31, 2019.

Option 1 – RENEWING YOUR LEASE:

NOTE 1* - this is exactly the application you filled out to live here initially. The application will ask you the question: “Are you a returning Baity Hill resident?” Select yes, and the system will not charge you the $200.00 non-refundable application fee.

NOTE 2* – we are often getting the question “Do I renew my Lease if my program ends in July, December or etc, but I don’t want to live here till next May?” The answer is YES. All leases run on an academic calendar until May 31st of the following year. If you are graduating and leaving the University, you will not owe us a lease penalty break fee. You will fill out the Notice to Vacate form and let us know 30 days in advance your expected date of departure. You would need to drop your key and flex pass off to the Baity Hill office. You will be responsible for the entire month’s rent for the last month you are here. (example: if you graduate in July and move out July 17th you are responsible for the entire month of July’s rent)

NOTE 3*- lease extensions may be granted for various reasons. Please fill out the online form at Lease Extension Form. We will contract you regarding your request.

Option 2 – NOT RENEWING LEASE:

• If you are graduating from UNC, this would make you no longer eligible to live here, OR you want to leave Baity Hill and live somewhere off campus – you will not fill out the application as I described above and we will assume that you are leaving. However, you are still required to fill out the Notice to Vacate Form and let us know your expected date of departure and make sure you turn in your keys.

If you have any questions, please email me directly ([email protected]) so I can help you, but hopefully, this outlines what you need to do and makes the process simple! I will be sending out reminder emails about the deadline of MARCH 31ST, 2019 so the sooner you complete this the better.

Sincerely,

Kellie McKnight

Assistant Property Manager

Sharing and printing options:
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram